Stay at The Westin Snowmass Resort and enjoy easy-access to four mountains, world-class skiing, and all of the great amenities of our Snowmass resort. Book our ski packages that includes lift tickets today.
With 3,332 acres of terrain, 94 trails, 21 chairlifts and access to your choice of cruisers, glades, steeps, terrain parks and halfpipes, you’ll enjoy great winter adventure on Snowmass Mountain.
- Winter Season dates: November 24, 2016 - April 16, 2017
- Base elevation: 8,104 ft./2,473 m
- Summit elevation: 12,510 ft./3,813 m
- Vertical rise: 4,406 ft./1,343 m
- Terrain: 3,332 acres/1,448 hectares
- Number of trails: 94
- Miles/km of trails: 150 miles/241 km
- Longest run: 5.3 miles/8.5 km
- Types of trails: easiest: 6%, more difficult: 47%, most difficult: 17%, expert: 30%
- Parks and pipes: 3 terrain parks (Snowmass Park, Makaha and Lowdown), 1 22-foot superpipe and 1 beginner pipe
Snowmass Mountain features 21 lifts: 19 primary: 1 eight-passenger gondola, 1 high-speed six-passenger lift,1 six-passenger pulse gondola, 7 high-speed quads, 2 quads, 4 ski/snowboard school lifts (including surface lifts); 2 secondary: 2 platter pulls. The Sky Cab opens at 8 am; the Cirque lift opens at 10 am; the Village Express and Big Burn lifts open at 8:30 am; all other lifts open at 9 am. Most lifts close at 3:30 p.m., weather permitting.
Aspen Mountain, famous black-diamond terrain, features a variety of glades, bumps and steeps. Skiers will appreciate the new gondola, great views & food at the Sundeck at the summit and Ajax Tavern at the base, where the après rivals the skiing and snowboarding.
- Winter Season dates: November 26, 2016 - April 16, 2017
- Base elevation: 7,945 ft./2,422 m
- Summit elevation: 11,212 ft./3,418 m
- Vertical rise: 3,267 ft./996 m
- Terrain: 675 acres/273 hectares
- Number of trails: 76
- Miles/km of trails: 64 miles/103 km
- Longest run: 3 miles/4.83 km
- Types of trails: easiest: 0%, more difficult: 48%, most difficult: 26%, expert: 26%
There are 8 lifts at Aspen Mountain: 6 primary – 1 gondola (14-minute ride), 1 high-speed quad, 1 high-speed double, 1 quad, 2 doubles; 2 secondary – 1 quad (Little Nell), 1 double (Bell Mountain). All lifts open at 9 a.m. and close at 3:30 p.m. except FIS lift which closes at 3:45 p.m.
With breathtaking 360-degree views of the Maroon Bells and an abundance of expert terrain as well as groomed cruisers, Aspen Highlands has been a locals’ favorite for over 50 years. Hike the 12,392 feet to the summit of Highland Bowl for the ultimate inbounds backcountry rush. Or take the Deep Temerity lift to access the recently-added 237 skiable acres.
- Winter Season dates: December 10, 2016 - April 9, 2017
- Base elevation: 8,040 ft./2,451 m.
- Summit elevation: 11,675 ft./3,559 m. (top of Highland Bowl 12,392 ft.)
- Vertical rise: 3,635 ft./1,108 m.
- Terrain: 1,028 acres/416 hectares
- Number of trails: 118
- Miles/km of trails: 84 miles/135 km
- Longest run: 3.5 miles/5.6 km
- Types of trails: easiest: 18%, more difficult: 30%, most difficult: 16%, expert: 36%
Aspen Highlands features five lifts: 3 high-speed quads, 2 triples. All lifts open at 9 am and close at 3:30 pm, weather permitting.
Buttermilk built its 50-year legacy on wide-open and gently rolling trails that cater to beginners and families. Today, Buttermilk is famous for hosting the ESPN Winter X Games through 2012 and being voted #1 by Transworld Snowboarding Magazine Reader’s Poll for best park. The 22-foot superpipe in the legendary terrain park does not disappoint, as many X Games winners, Olympians and up-and-comers can attest.
- Winter Season dates: December 10, 2016 - April 2, 2017
- Base elevation: 7,870 ft./2,399 m
- Summit elevation: 9,900 ft./3,018 m
- Vertical rise: 2,030 ft./619 m
- Terrain: 470 acres/190 hectares
- Number of trails: 44
- Miles/km of trails: 21 miles/34 km
- Longest run: 3 miles/4.83 km
- Types of trails: easiest: 35%, more difficult: 39%, most difficult: 26%, expert: 0%
Parks and pipes: 2 terrain parks: Buttermilk Park has over 100 features including a 22-foot superpipe and an X Games slopestyle course. For the beginner: Panda Pipe and Ski & Snowboard Schools Park (S3 Park)
Buttermilk features 8 lifts: 3 high-speed quads, 1 double, 4 ski/snowboard school lifts. Lift hours: 9 am - 3:30 pm, weather permitting.
On-Mountain Restaurants: 9 total: Sneaky's Tavern, Sam's Smokehouse, Up 4 Pizza, Two Creeks Cafe, Lynn Britt Cabin (lunches and snowcat dinner rides), Burlingame Cabin (snowcat dinner rides, Ullrhof, Gwyn's High Alpine and Cafe Suzanne.